Smarter Alloys is at the forefront of the smart materials revolution. With applications ranging from wearable technology to medical devices, our technology can be found across a wide range of industries, including medical/dental, automotive, consumer electronics and sporting goods.
We are looking for an experienced CNC Machinist/Programmer to work with our team of engineers to develop iterations of prototypes for our research projects. If you enjoy working as part of a team to create, produce, test, and improve parts, we have the opportunity for you.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Able to read and accurately interpret prints and shop drawings
- Ability to set up and operate CNC Mills
- Knowledge of Mastercam, Fusion 360
- Able to select and use the appropriate precision measuring instruments to ensure components are machined to specified tolerances and surface finishes as indicated on prints, shop drawings, charts and tables
- Strong communication skills, with a positive team spirit
- Strong safety-related skills and knowledge
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Responsible for the setup and operation of CNC and manual machining equipment
- Verifying tooling requirements prior to the commencement of each job
- Responsible for the CNC and/or manual machining of complex & fabricated components with various metals
- Work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
- Perform work accurately
- Ensure equipment maintenance program is maintained and all safety measures and requirements are met
- Ensure department housekeeping is maintained
Working with Smarter Alloys
We are a small, innovative and fast-moving company that is on the cutting edge of the smart materials industry. We have aggressive growth goals and are looking for someone who is willing to put in the work to help us get there. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! As part of our team, you can expect:
- A full-time (40 hours/week) (both days and evenings available)
- Extended Health and Dental Coverage
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Every day in this role will offer an opportunity to apply your deep technical knowledge to help develop innovative solutions to important problems.