Inside Sales Rep
We have an exciting opportunity for an Inside Sales Rep based in Smarter Alloy’s office in Cambridge, Ontario. You will be working with the leadership team and Marketing to connect with potential clients by phone, building customer profiles and setting up sales meetings. This is a 4-month full-time contract with a base salary plus commission.
More About the Role:
Our ideal candidate will have call center or direct sales experience in the medical device, technology or similar industry. Smarter Alloys develops advanced materials and products, so an interest in emerging technologies and the ability to learn quickly is an asset.
Practically speaking, the role will see you:
- Developing a detailed understanding of our Paradigm product line and other technologies
- Calling potential new clients from provided lists
- Set up sales calls/meetings for the leadership team to meet with clients
- Soft-sell products and record order information (no payment processing)
- Updating information to existing customer database as required
- Other duties as required
The best person for this role will be able to learn quickly, distill technical information to clients into easy-to-understand speaking points, with an understanding of competitor products and able to make comparisons.
You are an experienced call center or sales professional driven by a desire to sell innovative products that are making a real difference in people’s lives. Ideally you would have a combination of the following:
- At least 2 years inside sales and/or call center experience in the medical device or similar field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and effective planning and time management skills
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Office and computer skills
About Smarter Alloys
Smarter Alloys is at the forefront of the smart materials revolution, with applications ranging from clean tech to wearable technology to medical devices. An innovator in shape memory materials, we are enabling a transformation in design and utility of products and devices used by everyone, everywhere.
We have high growth goals and are looking for someone who can help us get there – could that be you?
Smarter Alloys develops advanced materials and products, so an interest in emerging technologies and the ability to learn quickly is an asset.