Project Manager | Product Development
As our Project Manager, your primary goal is to take ownership, control and responsibility for product development projects in the energy harvesting, automotive and medical device industries, ensuring delivery meets customer needs.
We’re looking for someone who can truly be accountable for their projects, and carry them independently all the way through planning, execution, monitoring and closure.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Create comprehensive project plans, manage team update meetings and actively engage with the team to ensure project milestones are met
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers, understanding their needs and iterating those to the project team in a defined manner
- Take responsibility for completing and managing key project documentation
- Identify and allocate tasks and responsibilities within the project team
- Identify and manage resource requirements in the project team
- Work independently and collaboratively in goal-oriented environment
You will have the independence and freedom to manage projects as you see fit, but with that freedom comes the responsibility of being understanding and responsive to the iterative nature of the work, and of communicating effectively with the entire team. You take pride in documenting your work and sharing in a collaborative manner.
You also have great analytical skills and a strategic mindset – you love digging into projects, understanding the full scope, and feeling the sense of achievement that comes with orchestrating the team to successfully achieve the project goals. You should also be the kind of person who can look at the big picture, and intuitively understand all the work that needs to be put in place to achieve it.
You’re not only a problem solver, you’re a problem definer – able to insightfully characterize problems and develop comprehensive requirements for which the team can develop solutions.
What We’re Looking For?
You’d be a great fit for this position if you have a background in product development (e.g., as a designer) combined with some project management experience, or you are an experienced project manager in the product development space.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years of project management experience in product development.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical field such as Engineering or Sciences is desirable), or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced Office 360 skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Adept at problem solving and thinking quickly on your feet.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- High sense of urgency and able to manage tight timelines across multiple projects.
- Growth mindset, with a willingness to try/learn new things and fail fast.
Working At Smarter Alloys
We are a small, innovative and fast-moving company that is on the cutting edge of the smart materials industry. We have aggressive growth goals and are looking for someone who is willing to put in the work to help us get there. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! As part of our team, you can expect:
- A full-time, permanent position working in a state-of-the-art facility in Cambridge, with the option to work remotely.
- Flexible work schedule (40 hrs/week) with core hours between 10 AM – 3:30 PM.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Medical and dental benefits, vacation, and employee stock options.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Take ownership, control and responsibility for product development projects in the energy harvesting, automotive and medical device industries.