Business Development Associate
You are an experienced – or aspiring – sales professional driven by a desire to sell innovative products that are making a real difference in people’s lives and to the environment. You want an impactful role, where you can make a positive difference while connecting with diverse industry leaders and innovators daily.
We are Smarter Alloys, and we are offering you that opportunity, as our new Business Development Associate.
Smarter Alloys is at the forefront of the smart materials revolution, with applications ranging from clean tech to wearable technology to medical devices. An innovator in shape memory materials, we are enabling a transformation in design and utility of products and devices used by everyone, everywhere.
We have high growth goals and are looking for someone who can help us get there – could that be you?
As our new Business Development Associate your goal will be to help grow the business by securing new partnerships and projects that will see us through a significant growth period over the next several years.
You will engage with customers across our various verticals (including medical device, clean tech, and automotive), and be responsible for researching, identifying, and pursuing new opportunities, across North America. Your role will also involve organizing meetings and following up with prospective clients, travelling to conferences and tradeshows, and monitoring and following up on project status of projects won.
This is a tremendous opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic, growing company and eventually build your own team of salespeople.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our product line and verticals
- Be flexible and responsive to the needs of your customers
- Build out customer lists and become a trusted source for all your customers’ needs
- Work closely with the leadership and marketing teams in pursuit of new clients and projects
- Support local, regional, and national trade shows as needed
- Achieve and exceed sales targets
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with clients
- Develop and present business plans and promotions to customer base that drives results
- Effectively use CRM to properly manage sales opportunities
Success in this role will go beyond your ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively. The best person for this role will be able to distill complex technical information to clients into easy-to-understand ideas, while making clear connections between the clients’ technologies and our own.
You will have responsibility for a huge territory, a unique and proprietary portfolio with lots of differentiation, and the ability grow the role as wide as you can imagine. If that sounds exciting, then we want to meet you.
For this position we are considering candidates at a wide range of experience levels, including those without formal sales experience. If the role sounds intriguing and you feel your background, drive, and work ethic would make you a great fit, we encourage you to apply.
Ideally however, you would have a combination of the following:
- Outside sales experience, with proven experience meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong and effective planning and prioritization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant technical field, i.e., business, science or engineering
- Post-graduate education or training (i.e., Master’s degree, MBA) would be an asset
- Industry experience (e.g., materials science) or experience in any of our verticals such as medical device, automotive, or clean technology would be an asset
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Valid passport and ability to travel within North America
Working At Smarter Alloys
This is a full-time permanent position. Smarter Alloys is based out of the Cambridge, Ontario office, though you will have some flexibility in how and where you work.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, as well as the ability to build and grow your own role. Our compensation package includes base pay plus commission, as well as full benefits and employee stock options.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Secure new partnerships and projects that will see us through a significant growth period over next several years..
About the Job As our new Mechanical Engineer/Designer, you have experience and passion for reducing global GHG. Your primary goal is to design,...
Medical Device Engineer
Job Description As someone in the early years of your career, or a seasoned engineer, you’re looking for a role with a company that will let you...